Camp Manager/Project Manager
The Bruce Lee Foundation is seeking a Project & Camp Manager to join our team for the first ever Camp Bruce Lee! This is a daytime camp, being held on Monday July 23rd through Friday July 27th at Willows Community School in Culver City.
This is a 2.5 month (June 1-Aug 15), contracted position for the right candidate. You will be responsible for the continued planning, execution, daily management and post-event reporting of the camp. Project and/or Event Management experience in the Summer Camp/School environment is a must. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Manage the Camp Bruce Lee project from continued overall planning and camp registration to camp execution and post-camp deliverables
- Work directly with vendors, partners, Bruce Lee Foundation management and Camp Director to ensure event brief is delivered on time and within budget
- Work directly with parents and campers to ensure a streamlined registration process and and a fun week at camp for campers
- Work directly with venue to ensure all their needs are met, and all safety standards are adhered to
- Create and deliver a comprehensive production timeline up to the close of camp
- Create a detailed budget and financial tracker to manage camp expenses, fees and staffing needs
- Ensure camp curriculum is delivered as set out by Bruce Lee Foundation management and Camp Director
- Facilitate key Background Checks on all camp staff and volunteers
- Work with Camp Director to provide any necessary training to camp staff, including paid and volunteer staff prior to the start of camp
- Manage camp staff, including volunteer and paid staff management during the week of camp
- Execute onsite production during week of camp
- Track and capture key learnings, analytics, financials and camp knowledge for post-event reporting
- Must be on-site at camp location from 8am - 4pm during the week of camp 7/23/18 - 7/27/18
- Bachelors Degree in Project Management, Event Planning and/or Event Management
- At least 3 years proven Project and/or Event Management experience in the Summer Camp/School environment
- Previous experience working with children ages 8-11
- Ability to build rapport with team members, parents and campers
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Google Spreadsheets, Excel Documents, Wordpress and Online Registration and Donation Software
- Experience working in a Non-Profit environment not required, but is a plus
- Current First Aid Certification
At least 3 relevant references available by phone
Email resume & Cover letter to:
About the Bruce Lee Foundation
What started as a grassroots movement to honor Bruce Lee’s philosophies and dedication to his craft and his life, is becoming a thriving 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that motivates individuals around the world to become the best version of themselves.
Through a number of educational and social initiatives, the Bruce Lee Foundation encourages people to strive for honest self-expression in alignment with their mind, body, and spirit. Consistent with Bruce Lee’s innate belief, we know that we can impact the world by giving people permission to follow their dreams, in harmony with their community.
Since 2002, the Bruce Lee Foundation has provided over $80,000 in financial assistance to students and families within the United States.